Initial recipe from Chocolate Epiphany. Use a 13x17 rimmed
sheet with silicone mat or parchment. Liquids to be measured by weight.
||Honey or light corn syrup
||Candied orange peel, finely chopped
- Preheat 350F;
- Combine butter, sugar, milk, syrup and head moderately until 230F with candy thermometer;
- Remove from heat and stir in almonds;
- Spread mixture and cook 8 mins;
- Leave to cool a little, but move to cutting board while flexible;
- Cut with round or other cutters;
- Leave to cool before brushing on tempered chocolate.
- Batter can be refrigerated for 2 or 3 days.
- Store for less than a week in airtight container. Probably longer lasting in freezer.
- These are often cut in 2-3in disks and wavy lines made with a fork in the chocolate.
- Do not use wax paper.
- Wide or standard muffin pans can be used, lined with parchment.
- Try other peel, dried fruit, and nuts.
Copyright ę 2010, Alex Stark. All rights reserved.